4. Depending the information that you submit to us, we will collect personal data on this Website including: your name, email, phone number, LinkedIn and WeChat account if available, information about your institution, year of graduation, student ID, education level, course or qualification details, experience details, recognitions, status of work permit, and other information that has been voluntarily provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to sign up for our Best Emerging Talent Festival 2022.
5. We may collect information about you in the following ways:
• When you register an account on our Website (or any site or application that uses the Website registration process);
• When you register for Best Emerging Talent Festival, or someone registers your place on your behalf;
• When you make an application to Best Emerging Talent Festival scheme administered by us;
• When you subscribe to our email marketing and/or provide your marketing preferences;
• When you contact us for the purposes of customer support;
• Referrals made by third parties, which can include credits against winning award entries, suggestions for potential juries and suggestions for great work that should be considered for Best Emerging Talent Festival;
• During general use of our website and web applications, via “cookies”;
We may complete research or other data validation activities to ensure that the personal information we hold is correct and up to date, and this may add to and augment the personal information originally provided; and
• We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
Use of your information
6. We will use your personal information to provide services to you. For instance, after entering our Best Emerging Talent Festival we will use your details to confirm your application, contact you if there are problems with your entry and provide important updates throughout the selection process.
7. We will seek your consent to be contacted by us, covering:
• Direct marketing communications about our products and services that may be of interest to you or your business;
• Using your quotes, likeness or otherwise for case studies produced for Public Relations purposes;
• Aggregating statistics on our users and customers to help develop our services and marketing plans;
• Sharing your personal data with third parties such as potential employers of Best Emerging Talent Festival’s participating agencies.
Entrusting processing, provision and disclosure of your information
9. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
10. We will only publicly disclose your personal data under the following circumstances:
• After we obtain your consent; or
• Statutory disclosure: we might publicly disclose your personal data as required by applicable laws or the competent authorities.
Controlling the use of your data
11. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose, you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. If you do not want us to use your data for our [or third parties’] use, you will also have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
12. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
Where we store and transfer your data
13. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of your country of origin as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service or use servers, based outside of your country of origin – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside your country of origin who work for one of our suppliers.
15. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
16. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
17. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
18. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
20. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
21. Generally we will keep your personal data for up to three years after your most recent activity with us (including logins on our website, Best Emerging Talent Festival entries and Best Emerging Talent Festival credits in your name). After this period, your personal data will be removed from our systems and files.
22. In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, and it is no longer identifiable personal information. We may use such information without further notice to you.
23. We try our best to protect your rights with regard to your personal data. You have a right to request from us access to your data, make decisions about its processing, restrict or object to processing, copy or port your information, rectify errors in it and delete your personal data, withdraw your consent, cancel your account, subject to limitations set out in applicable data protection laws. You can write to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide this information within the required timeline under applicable law upon receiving your request.
24. If you are not satisfied with our response, you are entitled to lodge a complaint to the relevant competent supervisory authority or, where applicable, file a lawsuit with a competent court in accordance with applicable law.
Changes to this policy
Version: 28 September 2022